EURAXESS in Normandy
EURAXESS is an initiative of the European Commission, aimed at informing and supporting PhD students and researchers, in the framework of their mobility and career development.
To date, there are nearly 600 EURAXESS service centres operating in 42 countries.
It is within this framework and within the EURAXESS France network that, since 2020, Normandie University has been developing free remote and face-to-face reception services in Rouen, Caen and Le Havre. Thanks to the involvement of the universities and institutions of Normandy University, foreign doctoral students and researchers who come to take part in the international influence of Research in Normandy, can benefit from individualized follow-up of their career paths.
Prepare your arrival in France
The three Euraxess service centres in Normandy are accessible as soon as a Research project is formalised with one of the members of Normandie University. Therefore, here is a non-exhaustive list of the steps for which Euraxess centres can provide support :
- get closer to a French institutional representation abroad,
- apply for a visa – residence permit with the consular authorities,
- draw up a list of documents to be taken from the country of habitual residence,
- apply for an international driving permit,
- find temporary and – or permanent accommodation,
- inquire about the health situation and the restrictive measures in force in France.
Arrive in France
The Euraxess service centres in Normandy offer their support for the first steps to be taken in France, whether it be online procedures or face-to-face appointments.
A few examples of approaches :
- validate your visa – residence permit with the French Office of Immigration and Integration,
- register with Social Security and benefit from Health Insurance,
- open a bank account,
- request the exchange of your driving licence,
- register your children at school.
Live in France
The Euraxess service centres in Normandy are privileged interlocutors for PhD students and researchers throughout their mobility experience. Several weeks, months after arriving in France, new concerns may emerge :
- learn French,
- discover Normandy,
- travel in Europe,
- develop your personal and professional network,
- renew your visa – residence permit.
You are a PhD student or a researcher in mobility and you wish to benefit from the services of one of the three Euraxess centres in Normandy? Please complete our registration form.
You will soon be hosting a foreign PhD student or researcher? Ask us your questions at the following addresses:
To learn more about EURAXESS in Normandy https://www.euraxess-normandie.fr/en/